What Is A Customized Rolfing Treatment Plan?’
Are you one of the many who struggle with the feeling that your body is no longer working the way it should? A Rolfing® Structural Integration Therapeutic Plan with Certified Advanced Rolfer Bob Alonzi may be the answer to your search.
Rolfing is a specific type of myofascial manipulation that helps to reorganize the myofascial net so the body can begin to reclaim balance and alignment. It is a structural therapy – with structural meaning our bodies as an entirety, the place we live. We want our bodies to have greater stability by being more adaptive, which is achieved by releasing the patterns from tissue. The goal of Rolfing is to realign and reposition the self and help it become more accessible to being supported from the ground up. Dr. Ida Rolf would refer to this as gravity becoming a support mechanism, achieved through balance and alignment.
When our bodies become more adaptive our balance is better, articulation of joints and muscles is more efficient, our physical performance becomes more precise, and the ability to make that necessary neuromuscular connection is reached through corrective sessions designed specifically for those results.
Who Is A Rolfer?
Certified Rolfers are the only professionals who can provide Rolfing Structural Integration to the public. A Rolfer is an individual who attended the Rolf Institute of Structural Integration (DIRI) is the only school, whether in the US or worldwide, that trains Rolfers and Rolf Movement Practitioners. A Certified Rolfer has graduated from DIRI and is in good standing as a member.
What Is A Custom Designed Therapeutic Plan?
A custom Rolfing Therapeutic Plan is a ten-session plan, which focuses on systematically rebalancing and optimizing both the structure and movement of the entire body throughout ten Rolfing Sessions. A Rolfer works to release any thickened connective tissue that might be influencing the alignment of your skeletal structure. These releases allow your body to achieve increased movement, flexibility of the joints, relief from chronic pain, and improved posture.
Your individual treatment plan will include:
- Myofascial Release – therapy for treating skeletal muscle immobility and pain by relaxing contracted muscles, improving blood circulation, and stimulating the stretch reflex in muscles
- Functional Training – exercises to train the body for the activities performed in daily life
- Movement Analysis – your daily movements are examined including standing, walking, stability, balance, muscle strength, rotation, range of motion, and plane of movement
What To Expect
- Contact your Certified Advanced Rolfer. With Certified Advanced Rolfer Bob Alonzi, initial assessments over the phone serve as an opportunity to learn what you are experiencing. Often a Zoom session is available to go into more depth or to receive guidance on functional movement. By assessing your current level of fitness and learning about your goals, a personalized program can be designed including targeted deep tissue bodywork, directed movements, and lifestyle adjustments.
- At the first in-person appointment, a discussion and assessment of what you are experiencing at the moment takes place. This can differ from what was the focus of the initial phone call, as often things shift and pain can be either ongoing or one-time depending on the circumstances. This allows your Rolfer to determine any patterns or multiple areas of pain.
- Throughout the Rolfing work, you will be consistently asked about sensations or feelings throughout the process. The more information you provide the better, as that allows more specificity in your treatment and the ability to adjust based on your experience.
- The most important part of these sessions is self-education. By recognizing certain movements or certain structural work that causes a shift or a specific sensation, that information leads to a tailored and customized treatment throughout the remaining sessions.
- The follow-up plan strategy consists of appropriate lifestyle changes that should always follow firsthand treatment. The post-treatment formula can include regular exercise, a stretching routine, and permanent daily movement adjustments, coupled with taking action to manage stress and lifestyle balance.
To learn more about how a custom-designed therapeutic Rolfing plan can improve your physical and mental health visit: https://bobalonzi-advanced-rolfer.com/.